UCONN UCONN UCONN!
After watching the second half of University of Connecticut Men’s final four game I realized I had to dedicate a recipe to my state’s basketball successes.
Move over, Entenmann’s, there are new Little Bites coming through in Husky Blue!
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup puréed canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup ghee or coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1.5 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1/4 tsp baking soda, can be up to 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 – 1.5 cup frozen blueberries
- Handful of fresh blueberries
- coconut oil or avocado oil for greasing the pan
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Liberally grease mini muffin pans with coconut oil or avocado oil.
3. Whisk eggs, melted gee or oil, pumpkin, vanilla, and maple syrup in a medium sized bowl. I used half ghee and half coconut oil because I ran out of ghee. It wasn’t overly coconut-y that way. :)
4. Add dry ingredients (sifted coconut flour, baking soda, and salt) to wet ingredients. Stir until combined.
5. Fold in 1 – 1.5 cups of frozen blueberries to the mix. I use frozen because they are miniature and fit well into the mini bites.
6. Scoop into mini muffin tins. You can fill them almost to the top because these lil guys wont rise too much. Press a fresh blueberry on top of the batter of each Husky Bite.
7. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
Makes about 36 little bites. If you want regular sized muffins bake for an extra 10-15 minutes.
Note: The batter is fairly thick after combining the dry ingredients. You can use a mini ice cream scoop or wide spoon to add dollops of the husky batter to your muffin tins.
MANGIA and GO HUSKIES!